Cariboo Family Enrichment Centre (CFEC) is looking for an Early Childhood Educator to join our team in beautiful 100 Mile House, BC.
Our Community: We are located on the traditional lands of the Tsq’escenemc (Canim Lake First Nation) within Secwepemcúl̓ecw and is the primary service centre for the South Cariboo. Approximately 2,000 people live within the municipality, while roughly ten times this are in the greater service area, which includes the communities of 70 Mile House, 108 Mile Ranch, Bridge Lake, Canim Lake, Forest Grove, Lac La Hache, Lone Butte and Horse Lake, among others. The area is known for outdoor activities, including an extensive trail system for hiking, snowmobiling, cross country skiing, ATV riding, fishing, boating and camping.
Who We Are: The CFEC is a not-for-profit organization which is committed to providing free high-quality services, particularly to vulnerable populations. We nurture a humanistic atmosphere and believe in collaboration, mentorship, and teamwork.
CFEC operates a licensed child care centre providing care for children 0-12 years old. Our mission is to provide high quality child care for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and school age children. Our goal is to offer nurturing environments and learning experiences for children to ready them for life-long learning and to provide them with opportunities to develop physically, socially and cognitively according to their individual development and learning styles.
- A valid Early Childhood Education or Infant Toddler Certificate issued by the BC ECE Registry
- A valid First Aid Certificate
- A Criminal Record Check clearance letter
- Immunization Schedule or waiver
- Ability to provide a minimum of 2 current/satisfactory references
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervising children as they explore their world through indoor and outdoor activities that are based on an emergent curriculum philosophy
- Ensuring children’s safety and well-being
- Assisting children with daily care routines
- Light housekeeping duties to ensure program facilities and equipment are safe and clean
- Other duties based on job description
Position: 2 days per week and on-call as needed.
Rate of Pay: To be determined
To apply, please submit resumes to: apeever[at]cariboofamily.org